Sunday, February 14, 2010

Surrounded by twits



I'm experiencing two very distinct feelings at the moment. First, I feel that most people are twits. Secondly, I'm feeling lonely without a twit to love me.

Occasionally in my life, I feel like I'm the only smart, sane person left in a world full of ninnies. Yes, ninnies.

A clear indication to me of the flailing intelligence of human life is most people's utter failure to grasp -- and utilize -- proper grammar. When someone sends me an email using the wrong "Your" or "There," I correct it in their text. I doubt anyone notices, but it makes me feel better that I'm not sending out any emails that contain improper grammar.

Facebook is rife with improper grammar and it pisses me off -- not just the new Facebook homepage -- but the fact that I can't log on without seeing at least one illiterate status.

Please, if you've ever committed one of these grammar sins, look up which word you're supposed to use when. Please. Please. Please.

I'm begging you.

Is it any wonder that the minute I meet a fairly attractive guy who has proper grammar, I immediately feel an attraction? I mean, someday when I have kids, I want them to be good communicators who properly use the English language. I refuse to procreate with someone who cannot grasp the English language.

This brings me round to that second emotion: Loneliness.

I love myself, OK? I really do. But I miss not having someone special in my life. Someone to see all the things I love about me and to love them too.

God, and every time I log onto Facebook -- which I should just stop doing because it seems to do nothing but depress me lately -- I see friends of mine who seem to be making leaps and bounds in their lives. They're introducing boyfriends to their families for the first time, hanging out with new groups of people and doing all other manner of new, exciting stuff.

And I feel static, unchanging. My life doesn't feel like it's advancing.

Sure, I may have most of my dreams except one. Actually that's a lie. There are many more things I want in life that I just don't seem to be achieving.

I'm so sad right now. I just want to bawl my eyes out.

No comments: