Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Memoirist


I've been turned onto SMITH's six-word memoir challenge and can't stop working on them. Here are some of the ones I've written:

Hoping for snow, not exam ready.

Wishing for tall boy to love.

Dying to write a consequential novel.

Like, lust, love. Born, bust, burn.

Can't go anywhere but down, down.

My happiness is hinged upon email.

I can't breathe without you, lover.

But maybe I can breathe. Yes.

Stress leads to ulcers -- how painful.

My eyes cry out for you.

I have the right to lie.

I've also the right to lie.

Wash the world off my face.

I rewind and pause to cry.

Staring into your eyes hurts much.

Feeling alone is what I know.

What about soul, soldier? Doesn't exist.

Blind to the hurt you cause.

Blind to the fear you cause.

Blind to anyone but you = sad.

I love steak; can't be vegetarian.

I eat to swallow my pain.

I feel. I feel too much.

I steal, steal not enough hearts.

If only you would embrace me.

Put your arms around me, boy.

Hug away the world. Squeeze tighter.

Call me tonight, call me tonight.

Don't know you but love you.

I watch the Bachelor, like Grammy.

Notebook: the window to my soul.

Cinderella: my soul sister. Prince Charming?

Stop not emailing me; need you.

To fall hard means losing yourself.

Miss you more than you know.

I'll pass on the guilt trip.

I'm the worst big sister ever.

What more is there to say?

No comments: