Monday, April 5, 2010

Shreds of thoughts, nearly incoherent


To do the blind date thing or not? That is the question.

Although I guess what I'm considering participating in is a group dinner where a bunch of couples bring a guy for me to meet. It sounds eerily similar to previous awkward situations involving a double-blind date thing at IHOP which ended in a friend of mine dating Vin.

But I'm clearly not getting any dates on my own; even when I smile back at the cute and totally awkward guy a few people ahead of me in line at Sev (the college vernacular for 7-Eleven) -- the same one who stands in my way, still smiling, when the teller calls me up to the open cash register. Not even then do these guys on campus say a word!

(I once proposed to a friend of mine that I would just start punching the guys who stare at me and never say a word and also those that never even look at me; of course, we both recognized the flaw in this plan: I'd have to punch every single guy I saw in my cross-campus travels.)

No comments: