Friday, April 9, 2010

Parental supervision


My parents... Boy! Sometimes I feel like I'm the only adult in my family.

Both of them are telling me that the other got nasty when they were talking about filling out my FAFSA.

Both of them talk nasty about each other to me.

One says he or she is sorry I'm in the middle while the other says I'm not in the middle that the other is just acting like an asshole.

I can't even begin to tell you who is the asshole in this situation. I feel like it's me. I feel like it's me because I have to put up with pushing this shit out.

Yes, I just made a vaguely heinous not-funny joke.

I am so disgusted with my life the way it is. I'm starting to feel like neither cares enough about me to put their idiocy aside and it kills a girl to feel like her parents don't care.

It really does slay.

I'm thinking of buying a plane ticket and running away to Europe. Or South America. Or maybe Canada. Somewhere far, far away from the hassles of supervising one's own parents and all the other problems I'm dealing with.

Maybe I'll go to Italy where it's common for married men to have lovers they pay for. That way the burden of living wouldn't actually be on me. But that arrangement sounds about as comfortable as dealing with my parents.

Maybe I'll just go hide at my Grammy's house until my parents stop and wonder where their eldest is. Would either ever notice my absence?

I just want to be free of this and of everything else I've had to deal with lately.

(The above picture is of Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes in Romeo + Juliet.)

No comments: