Friday, March 5, 2010

Sprung


Spring break has sprung and sometime tomorrow, I will be escaping this godforsaken city of brotherly angst and hate for the sweet bliss of a week with my GrammyGrams. This woman, who is exactly 59 years and 364 days my senior, is my hero. She's survived breast cancer and colon cancer and a divorce. She's my best friend and my soul sister.

God, I cannot wait!

Yes, not only has spring sprung, but I have sprung from the prison America calls college. Honestly, I have come to realize the only place on earth I feel whole and happy is at my Grammy's house and I have been looking forward to spending my break there for months.

I won't be posting much this week, although I'll try to text in a few 160-character posts whenever something really important comes up.

In my somewhat absence, I urge you to have fun. Get out there and enjoy your spring break or your work/school week or whatever the case may be. For now, I'm going to dream of a Coffee Shop Intellectual (one of the guy archetypes in February 2010's Cosmopolitan, from which the above image of 26-year-old actor Sebastian Stan comes -- yes, I'm catching up on some very important reading) and enjoy some home-cooking in the Lehigh Valley.

Smooches, pooches!

No comments: