Thursday, September 10, 2009

Most days now...


I believe I now know why the past year has been so challenging. For one thing, it spurred a personal growth the likes of which I have never experienced before. Secondly, this growth, I believe, has led me a little bit closer to the person I want to be and so now I seem to have found the person I always wanted by my side.

I am not getting mushy. And do not take this as clingy or something like that. But for the first time in my life, I feel like an adult who is in an adult relationship and I relish this little fact. Maybe it is too soon for me to say things like this and maybe I will jinx it but I highly doubt so.

There have been guys in and out of my life but I am finally dating someone whom I am sure will continue to be in my life in some way. I do not know what way that will be but I guess I should just take that as the most exciting part. I do not know yet where this is going and I do not really need to. I am just so happy to know him. I once joked (and wrote about it in a story) that I only find God when a guy's lips are on mine, but I am thanking God most days now.

...A scary thought just occurred to me. We have both lost people we care about (although I have lost less of them) and maybe it was through the losses that we gained each other. If this is the case, I feel I would regret saying that it was worth it, but for me, it's pretty close...

No comments: