Saturday, September 26, 2009

Is the air stale or is it just my writing?


Why does it seem that when things are good, I have nothing to write about? I really cannot quite grasp why my talent is so connected to my unhappiness. It's always easier to write well when things are all bad. And at the moment, while I'm drowning in schoolwork and wishing I had just a few more friends, I'm still sublimely happy. For the first time in my life, I'm in a good relationship with a truly beautiful guy and I find myself struggling to write... So it's not just about my happiness in general; everything in my life could suck, but if I'm romantically happy, I can't write. What is that?

I want to have my cake and eat it too. Why does it have to be one or the other? Well... I'm going to write whether or not I think it will be good. Maybe that's the only way to break this disturbing cycle. So please, pardon the next few posts for they may be stale and boring, irrelevant and insight-less, ugly and well... just disappointing. So sorry!

(Photo Credit: Me!)

No comments: