Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Frogs


Yes, I will always be just a little sad when I see a couple with chemistry out and about. But I am so tired of feeling like, at 17 (!), I am missing out on something because I don't have a boyfriend. You know, because I don't have some asshole who has greasy, too-long hair and lying eyes and who is shabbily dressed, saying he loves me while he paws at my clothes and pushes my head southward because all he really cares about is getting his. They are all like this; at least all of the ones I have met. Why would I need a relationship with one of these ill-mannered, non-hygienic fools to be complete?

The thing is I don't need one!

Every time a special girl friend of mine gets involved with a guy, he breaks down the walls she's so carefully built around her, gets inside her skin, her heart, her head, and then he breaks her. I'm the one who sweeps all the pieces up and Krazy glues them back together until that special girl, the one who was perfect before Jackass came along, can re-fire the pieces and fix what Jackass broke. I don't want to let some guy get in that deep. I do not want to fall apart and wait to see who will help pick up the pieces.

I guess it's kind of sad that I think any and all relationships could end this way, but I prefer to think of it as realistic. See, someday, a good, smart, strong man will come along and while I understand it's fun to kiss a bunch of frogs, there's no point in trying to date a bunch of frogs. Just kiss them, have fun, and move on. Don't try to make it last. Don't put effort into it.

Someday, I hope, the right guy will come along and I'll just know. Hopefully, this great guy will love me right away and see the real me. I'm just hoping...

No comments: