Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Setting myself apart


Anytime a guy I kind of like has a lot of female friends, I get worried. The reasoning: I always figure that these girls are friends with these boys because they too at one time had or still do have crushes on them. And if none of these girls were special enough for this boy to want to date, what about me? I think only a wholly vain person could face this situation and not think they could never be what this guy is looking for.

Needless to say, I am far from vain and find this incredibly difficult to face.

How can I set myself apart from the pack of adoring fans? How can I make him sit up and take notice of me?

It's times like these when I try to remind myself that I am a great girlfriend and any guy would be lucky to have me. This is for several reasons, most of which I do believe I've listed before. I'm a good kisser, a fun person, smart, I like to laugh, I am flexible (in all meanings of the word), kind, caring and deserving of love. For some reason, I feel like there's a disconnect between all of this and my outward appearance or at least how I'm perceived by others.

For some reason, nobody sees all these great parts of me. If they did, surely, I would stick out among the masses of girls befriending the boys I like.

No comments: