Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bridge to nowhere


Sitting here listening to the strains of "The Bitch of Living" from the musical Spring Awakening!, I can't help but think that Jonathan Groff and the chorus are singing the story of my life.

Of course this has happened with the last few melancholy or "Fuck you, life" songs I've listened to.

At 3 a.m. this morning, while sitting in the TECH center, the lines "Nothing ever goes the right way / Got to live life day by day" from Hanson's song "Need You Now" had me convinced that once again the boys were singing exactly how I feel about my life.

I have been feeling less than human lately. I am not getting nowhere near enough sleep, constantly have a headache, and eat an average of one meal a day. Sometimes it feels as though I'm taking life second by agonizing second.

Is everyone else this miserable?

I feel like I'm crossing a bridge -- that's what college is, a bridge to somewhere else -- and can't see the other side. What's the point of this all?

No comments: