Friday, February 12, 2010

A new letter for potential suitors


Dear Suitor,

Good news! I no longer consider myself a giant mess.

I'm more like a small fire.

But one that is properly contained and useful for providing heat.

Anyway.

You will likely find, per my first letter to prospective suitors, I am still most of these things: intense, emotional, feisty, occasionally vindictive, introspective, inquisitive, occasionally stubborn but generally not, intelligent, dark, quick with a "burn," and I see too many flaws in people to be completely trusting or sociable. Except possibly the last one.

I don't want to be distrusting or unsociable and I find am less of both than I used to be because in the past year, since I started this blog and posted the first letter to potential suitors, I've learned that the flaws in people are what make them lovable. And whoever is going to love me is going to have to be accepting of flaws.

Other things have changed since that first letter. I've finally figured out who I am -- and the answer had been there under my nose the whole time.

I am Rosella Eleanor LaFevre. I am a daughter, a sister, an amazing friend, a loving and supportive girlfriend (when I have a boyfriend). I am a writer, a writer, a writer. I am passionate and deeply caring and loving. I am dedicated to my dreams and an impossibly hard worker.

Also, I've figured out what I want in a guy. First, and going with the only superficial requirement: height. He must be tall. I am 5 foot 7 inches and counting and I have a high heel fetish. This requires a man of a certain stature if he wants to keep up.

More than that though, I want someone who will hold my hand as we walk together, someone who will text me sweet things in the morning, someone to kiss my forehead and rub my belly when I have a tummy ache. I want someone who will kiss me passionately and give me backrubs.

He should love his family and friends and he should be driven to achieve something in life. (Even if he flips burgers at McDonald's, he should be the best damn burger-flipper they've ever seen.)

But probably even more than all of that, I want someone who will read everything I write because he wants to. Even if he hates reading every other written word on earth, he should love to read mine.

That is the single most important thing to me.

Granted some things haven't changed since that first letter. For instance, I haven't figured out at what pace a person is supposed to reveal themselves to another. In this you will need to guide me. If I'm telling you too much too soon, tell me. Or if I haven't told you anything about me and you want in, tell me that.

I hope when I find you, Mr. Almost Perfect, the world is right for us to fall in love. It would suck to wait for you and when I finally find you, for you to be in love with someone else or something.

Love,
Rosella

No comments: