Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I make mistakes and when I do, I apologize

In my last post I called someone I work with some very unfair things. My basic complaint -- that this girl doesn't really communicate with me in a way I would like or consider appropriate -- remains, but by calling her names I am no better.

I am very sorry for the way I reacted.

This is not the first time I've had blogger's diarrhea. On occasion, because I'm only human, I blog about a situation that is upsetting me and although I know they're just my feelings and opinions, I write stuff that others might take as fact or hold against the person or thing I wrote about.

This is something we are made to consider in journalism classes and it's something I wish I'd considered this morning when I wrote that post.

There is a mature way to stand up for yourself when you feel like you're being talked down to, and name calling isn't it.

I only hope others can learn from my mistakes.

No comments: