Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The world is your wonderbra!


Something I tend to think a lot about and write a lot about is support. Mostly my need for it...

This morning I was reading Writing Down the Bones by Natalie Goldberg and came across this quote:

"[W]e should notice that we are already supported every moment. There is the earth below our feet and there is the air, filling our lungs and emptying them. We should begin from this when we need support. There is the sunlight coming through the window and the silence of the morning. Begin from these."

It reminds of Josh Kelley's song "You Are a Part of Everything," a song I play on repeat when I'm feeling particularly down or worthless. He sings:

"The worst mistake is giving up and pulling back when you've had too much of not knowing where you belong. The one thing I am certain of is time will change each one of us. Before this you're not on your own. So open your voice and be strong. You are not alone; you are what you believe. You are not alone; you're a part of everything. When life gets you down, just set your soul at ease. You are not alone, you're a part of everything."

I hope you feel wonderfully supported and a part of everything today. If the former is something you struggle with, maybe you need a new bra! The latter -- well that's just a matter of listening to more Josh Kelley! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

News flash: You are not Carrie Bradshaw.

Rosella Eleanor LaFevre said...

You're right. I'm Rosella Eleanor LaFevre.