Monday, July 20, 2009

The Curtains Part...


...to reveal a vulnerable young girl, stripped of her make-up, her connections, her ideals, her identity. She is nothing more than a scared girl with the highest ambitions who has given up the ghost, and is giving whomever is listening, the real story. The truth hidden behind the practiced lines.

Vered's real identity: Rosella Eleanor LaFevre.

She is a writer, a girl who dreams of being part of the literary big league, a girl who is working for it constantly. Something else she's just learned about herself: She's always lived the part of best friend rather than leading lady, just like Iris in The Holiday. She has lived her life for years, in relation to others. She has always been Kathy's daughter, Mike's daughter, Ellie's granddaughter, Lily's sister. She's just started to make her own identity, the large part of which are her literary aspirations...

I hate writing about myself in third person, so please pardon the uncustomary POV change. I do think that this is the reason I have such trouble with friendships. I often live the role of best friend. I give advice to everyone and work to fix others' problems, but no one offers me help. Hell, I don't even have problems... at least not in my "friends' " minds. People think everything is handed to me and yet I've worked all my life for anything I've ever wanted...

I'm just a person in transition like everyone else. I just know I'm tired of not being the leading lady.

"In my heart I feel that a legend is about to be born." -Mary, Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (My guilty pleasure...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rosella... you are and ALWAYS have been a leading lady in my life. Never have you been just the "best friend" and I am sorry if I don't make you feel that way love.

Ghs253Z said...

I hope u know i never thought of u as that bestfriend type.. I understand where u are coming from.. Because anything i wanted, i too had to work for.. I knew u were going to b a great friend when i met u junior yr.. I never looked at u nd thought u had any problems.. Ur the best person to go to for advice nd i will def. Take ur advice.. I love u and you are doing a wonderful job.. U are going to succeed in life, i just know it.. Ur awsome !!! I love!!

Rosella Eleanor LaFevre said...

Who is GHS253Z?!

I feel like a major idiot...