Sunday, October 30, 2011

Cool Reads: 10/30/11


Some of the stories I'm reading (or will print out so I can read them):

Frank Rich on Occupy Wall Street
- An interesting Q&A with Rich on Sarah Palin's political career
- This article about Adam Gopnick's new book The Table Comes First: Family, France and the Meaning of Food. I definitely want to check out the book!
- "Gravel Pit" by Sasha Frere-Jones about "The voice and times of Tom Waits," a musician revered by one of my favorite musicians, Jessi Teich.
-Published back in September, I just got around to reading Jonathan Safron Foer's piece, "Speechless," for The New Yorker's The Talk of the Town section. It's a fantastic, if brief, exploration of how we're capable or incapable of discussing difficult things.


The coolest thing I've read all day?

Johnny Depp's recollection of his friendship with Hunter S. Thompson, author of the novel which The Rum Diary is based on.

No comments: